- Gold IRAs
- Coin Catalog
- History of Gold
What analysts are saying
- Steve Forbes "A return to the gold standard by the United States within the next five years now seems likely, because that move would help the nation..." Human Events: "Forbes Predicts U.S. Gold Standard Within 5 Years" (5/11/2011)
- John Embry - $100.00 (no period cited) "We haven't even really seen money start to significantly flow into hard assets... it's going to have an outsized impact on the price [of silver and gold.]... King World News (July 2011)
- Doug Casey - $5,000 (by end of 2013) "Gold could hit $5,000 an ounce in the next couple of years, as paper currencies in the United States, Europe, and Japan drop in value..." Mineweb (03/2011)
- Tom Fitzpatrick - $100.00 (no period cited) "While the high so far this year was at the same level as the peak in January 1980, we are not convinced that the long-term trend is over yet." Bloomberg (July 2011)
- Hal Lehr - $2,000 (in 2011) "Gold, which reached a record on May 2, may surge a further 30 percent by  as investors seek to protect themselves from 'economic uncertainty'..." Bloomberg (5/2011)
- Peter Krauth - $250 (no period cited) "...silver prices could reach as high as $250 per ounce before the silver bull finally stops running." Commodity Online (May 2011)
- Robert McEwen - $5,000 (by end of 2015) "Gold is a favored asset relative to equities and other assets. In times of financial stress, you have people going towards precious metals and hard assets..." CNBC (4/2011)
- Dr. Stephen Leeb - $200 (by August 2013) "My guess is that 24 months from now, that silver coin you are holding that you bought for $35 or $40, you are going to see a $200 tag on it." King World News (August 2011)
- John Paulson - $4,000 (in 3-5 years) "Gold prices could go as high as $4,000 an ounce over the next three to five years, as the U.S. and U.K. flood the money supply." Wall Street Journal (5/2011)
- David Morgan - $75 (no period cited) "The next leg up [for silver] could take out the $50/oz. level after a few tries and then not look back until establishing a new nominal level of $65/oz. - $75/oz. Silver demand is growing for both industry and as an investment." The Gold Report (August 2011)
- Jim Sinclair - $5,000 "Looking for a major upturn in gold as soon as June and targeting $5,000 as a longer term objective." Mineweb (5/2011)
- Charles Oliver - $50 to $100 (next few years) "...the long-term story for precious metals is still very firmly intact." Reuters (May 2011)
- Christopher Wyke - $2,000 (by 2012) "Gold has been going up for the past ten years, but we think gold is going to continue to rally over at least next five years..." Professional Advisor (3/2011)
- Louise Yamada - $2,000 (in next year) "Gold looks fine as it is moving to a new high. Gold remains in a structural bull market that was initiated in 2002." King World News (3/2011)
- Peter Krauth - $86.75 "An important metric to understand and watch is the silver-to-gold ratio. It tells you how many ounces of silver it takes to buy one ounce of gold..." Silver Price Forecast" (12/2/2010)
- Mac Slavo - $50.00 "Based on just the supply/demand equations, the price of silver should continue to rise and approach its historical silver-to-gold ratio..." Silver Will Be Worth More Than Gold" (12/31/2010)
Buy Gold And Silver
The decision to buy gold and silver is a prudent investment strategy. That's just common sense when explained by the professionals at United Gold Direct.
To understand why United Gold Direct has several strategies on how to buy gold and silver that they take as gospel, one must understand who "they" are. There are many people on the United Gold Direct corporate team and how and why they operate is dependent largely upon the instinct and knowledge of United Gold Direct's close-knit management team. This group of professionals was chosen for their ability to work independently as well as a group. Before being considered for United Gold Direct's team, each had to display a proven track record as a leader and facilitator in their particular discipline.
This is not a team of soloists, but more like a chorus with five-part harmony and they know how to make money for their clients. As they endorse the "buy gold and silver" concept they also explain how it works. United Gold Direct trades in four precious metals, each with its own market. If a person puts all of his or her investment dollars in gold and gold stumbles, the client can lose some serious money. But, for example, if that same person uses his investment to buy gold and silver in equal fashion, the financial picture is much brighter.
Gold is generally the more volatile metal and silver is typically just the opposite. Both metals are used in jewelry and in industry, which adds a degree of stability, so the choices are good ones.
A look at United Gold Direct's business philosophy tells a great deal about the company and how you will be treated as a client: "United Gold Direct is passionately committed to building relationships that build value for our clients". Note the focus on relationships; any solid business relationship, if it is to last, requires United Gold Direct to do their very best. This is also a reason why clients often buy gold and silver through United Gold Direct; as it is a somewhat conservative approach, ideal for investing.
For the record, the price of gold quadrupled over the last ten years, and $2,000 an ounce or more is probably a reality in the near future. But what if gold's price declines a bit just when you plan to sell some of your gold? Not to worry if you buy gold and silver. It would be very rare for both to be down since they are in different markets, and different factors affect each. You might take "a hit" but it would be less severe if you didn't balance the investment with silver.
The wholesale gold market is packed with companies, large and small, new and old, seeking your investment dollars. United Gold Direct's philosophy or mission statement sends a strong message. And it is no wonder that they endorse a buy gold and silver strategy.