- Gold IRAs
- Coin Catalog
- History of Gold
What analysts are saying
- Steve Forbes "A return to the gold standard by the United States within the next five years now seems likely, because that move would help the nation..." Human Events: "Forbes Predicts U.S. Gold Standard Within 5 Years" (5/11/2011)
- John Embry - $100.00 (no period cited) "We haven't even really seen money start to significantly flow into hard assets... it's going to have an outsized impact on the price [of silver and gold.]... King World News (July 2011)
- Doug Casey - $5,000 (by end of 2013) "Gold could hit $5,000 an ounce in the next couple of years, as paper currencies in the United States, Europe, and Japan drop in value..." Mineweb (03/2011)
- Tom Fitzpatrick - $100.00 (no period cited) "While the high so far this year was at the same level as the peak in January 1980, we are not convinced that the long-term trend is over yet." Bloomberg (July 2011)
- Hal Lehr - $2,000 (in 2011) "Gold, which reached a record on May 2, may surge a further 30 percent by  as investors seek to protect themselves from 'economic uncertainty'..." Bloomberg (5/2011)
- Peter Krauth - $250 (no period cited) "...silver prices could reach as high as $250 per ounce before the silver bull finally stops running." Commodity Online (May 2011)
- Robert McEwen - $5,000 (by end of 2015) "Gold is a favored asset relative to equities and other assets. In times of financial stress, you have people going towards precious metals and hard assets..." CNBC (4/2011)
- Dr. Stephen Leeb - $200 (by August 2013) "My guess is that 24 months from now, that silver coin you are holding that you bought for $35 or $40, you are going to see a $200 tag on it." King World News (August 2011)
- John Paulson - $4,000 (in 3-5 years) "Gold prices could go as high as $4,000 an ounce over the next three to five years, as the U.S. and U.K. flood the money supply." Wall Street Journal (5/2011)
- David Morgan - $75 (no period cited) "The next leg up [for silver] could take out the $50/oz. level after a few tries and then not look back until establishing a new nominal level of $65/oz. - $75/oz. Silver demand is growing for both industry and as an investment." The Gold Report (August 2011)
- Jim Sinclair - $5,000 "Looking for a major upturn in gold as soon as June and targeting $5,000 as a longer term objective." Mineweb (5/2011)
- Charles Oliver - $50 to $100 (next few years) "...the long-term story for precious metals is still very firmly intact." Reuters (May 2011)
- Christopher Wyke - $2,000 (by 2012) "Gold has been going up for the past ten years, but we think gold is going to continue to rally over at least next five years..." Professional Advisor (3/2011)
- Louise Yamada - $2,000 (in next year) "Gold looks fine as it is moving to a new high. Gold remains in a structural bull market that was initiated in 2002." King World News (3/2011)
- Peter Krauth - $86.75 "An important metric to understand and watch is the silver-to-gold ratio. It tells you how many ounces of silver it takes to buy one ounce of gold..." Silver Price Forecast" (12/2/2010)
- Mac Slavo - $50.00 "Based on just the supply/demand equations, the price of silver should continue to rise and approach its historical silver-to-gold ratio..." Silver Will Be Worth More Than Gold" (12/31/2010)
How To Buy Gold Coins
How to buy gold coins as part of your investment portfolio is similar to any other major purchase except there is more at stake. An automobile that turns out to be a lemon, a house in need of a new air conditioner the first time hot weather arrives, these are all major investments gone sour. You won't want make the same investment mistake when you spend your hard-earned dollars on gold.
Why does one have to know how to buy gold coins? Just like you would do some research before making a major purchase, you need to research gold. Most new car buyers read company brochures, magazines and newspaper articles, talk to friends who have made recent purchases...it's a major purchase and they do their homework. The procedure for making a gold investment is nearly the same. An investment in gold coins for one's portfolio, needs special care and attention. You should do your research to avoid investing in fake or worthless gold coins.
Those people who don't know how to buy gold coins stake a portion of their financial future --- on a single advertisement, or perhaps not even that much. Maybe a friend shows off a pretty gold coin. Considering the work you had to do to earn those investment dollars, and your future, do you really want to use them to make an investment based on hear-say?
At United Gold Direct, they want you to choose wisely. They make it easy for you to do your gold investment homework. That's why their web site is filled with information about specific coins that may or may not be right for you. You'll see testimonials about what worked for others. And you'll find other web sites that contain even more information.
Few people enjoy homework, and yet that's what is necessary unless you want to go to the school of hard knocks. And "graduate" when it's too late. So take the time now. Read, ask questions, do whatever it takes until you feel comfortable about the coins you select. The most popular coins may be the safest bet, and maybe the best bet...but maybe not. Do your research and make sure any investment you make is with a reliable and upstanding gold coin dealer.
There are many reasons why you should consider United Gold when it comes to making a gold investment. They'll show you how to buy gold coins so that your investment dollars won't go to waste. Their mission statement is the word for the entire company: "United Gold Direct is passionately committed to building relationships that build value for our clients." Your gold coin sales representative at United Gold Direct will ask a lot of questions, and answer yours, to help build that relationship.
This foundation was laid, in part, by United Gold Direct's management team. Each team member was brought to the table because he was at the top of his given discipline within the precious metals field. Together this team has helped United Gold Direct climb to the top of their industry, and in doing so, has created a precious metals investment company worthy of your trust and consideration. After you've done your research and know how to buy gold coins, you should consider the trustworthy team at United Gold Direct to help you make the investment.