- Gold IRAs
- Coin Catalog
- History of Gold
What analysts are saying
- Steve Forbes "A return to the gold standard by the United States within the next five years now seems likely, because that move would help the nation..." Human Events: "Forbes Predicts U.S. Gold Standard Within 5 Years" (5/11/2011)
- John Embry - $100.00 (no period cited) "We haven't even really seen money start to significantly flow into hard assets... it's going to have an outsized impact on the price [of silver and gold.]... King World News (July 2011)
- Doug Casey - $5,000 (by end of 2013) "Gold could hit $5,000 an ounce in the next couple of years, as paper currencies in the United States, Europe, and Japan drop in value..." Mineweb (03/2011)
- Tom Fitzpatrick - $100.00 (no period cited) "While the high so far this year was at the same level as the peak in January 1980, we are not convinced that the long-term trend is over yet." Bloomberg (July 2011)
- Hal Lehr - $2,000 (in 2011) "Gold, which reached a record on May 2, may surge a further 30 percent by  as investors seek to protect themselves from 'economic uncertainty'..." Bloomberg (5/2011)
- Peter Krauth - $250 (no period cited) "...silver prices could reach as high as $250 per ounce before the silver bull finally stops running." Commodity Online (May 2011)
- Robert McEwen - $5,000 (by end of 2015) "Gold is a favored asset relative to equities and other assets. In times of financial stress, you have people going towards precious metals and hard assets..." CNBC (4/2011)
- Dr. Stephen Leeb - $200 (by August 2013) "My guess is that 24 months from now, that silver coin you are holding that you bought for $35 or $40, you are going to see a $200 tag on it." King World News (August 2011)
- John Paulson - $4,000 (in 3-5 years) "Gold prices could go as high as $4,000 an ounce over the next three to five years, as the U.S. and U.K. flood the money supply." Wall Street Journal (5/2011)
- David Morgan - $75 (no period cited) "The next leg up [for silver] could take out the $50/oz. level after a few tries and then not look back until establishing a new nominal level of $65/oz. - $75/oz. Silver demand is growing for both industry and as an investment." The Gold Report (August 2011)
- Jim Sinclair - $5,000 "Looking for a major upturn in gold as soon as June and targeting $5,000 as a longer term objective." Mineweb (5/2011)
- Charles Oliver - $50 to $100 (next few years) "...the long-term story for precious metals is still very firmly intact." Reuters (May 2011)
- Christopher Wyke - $2,000 (by 2012) "Gold has been going up for the past ten years, but we think gold is going to continue to rally over at least next five years..." Professional Advisor (3/2011)
- Louise Yamada - $2,000 (in next year) "Gold looks fine as it is moving to a new high. Gold remains in a structural bull market that was initiated in 2002." King World News (3/2011)
- Peter Krauth - $86.75 "An important metric to understand and watch is the silver-to-gold ratio. It tells you how many ounces of silver it takes to buy one ounce of gold..." Silver Price Forecast" (12/2/2010)
- Mac Slavo - $50.00 "Based on just the supply/demand equations, the price of silver should continue to rise and approach its historical silver-to-gold ratio..." Silver Will Be Worth More Than Gold" (12/31/2010)
Silver Vs Gold Investments
It is no secret that both gold and silver are recognized as safe investments with a secure store of value. What is not so well known is that while gold has demonstrated a solid trend of rising prices since 2001, appreciating more than five times its 2001 price, the price of silver has recently outperformed that of gold. The unusual and extremely bullish fundamentals of the Silver Market suggest, at current prices, that investing in silver could offer investors one of the single best long-term investments today.
Between January 4, 2010 and June 30, 2011, the price of gold increased approximately 34%, while the price of silver rose more than 100%. In addition, there is a very convincing argument for investing in silver today because the economic and monetary fundamentals in place today are even more bullish than the conditions of the 1970s when the silver price exceeded $50 per ounce. This escalated price was driven to its peak by the Hunt brothers who were looking, like many of us today, for a solid, secure way to protect their own and their families’ wealth, and grow it if possible. Buying at $2 per ounce at the beginning of their search for security, they drove the price of silver to over $50 per ounce and owned more than half of the world’s store of silver. When the prices plummeted, their net worth crashed as well. They still owned the physical silver, yet the value of their futures was greatly deflated. In addition, gold plummeted along with silver values.
Today's market prices, well below the $50 level, are a mere fraction of levels projected by silver industry experts for the future. Worldwide market demand for silver is growing, while supplies of silver are quickly disappearing. This supply & demand diversion is what drives up the price of silver. New high-tech uses for silver will further strain already-tight supplies in the future. World demand for silver now exceeds annual production, and has every year since 1990, depleting above-ground stockpiles of silver. The U.S. government, once the largest holder of physical silver, dumped billions and billions of ounces of silver onto the world market over the years, resulting in depressed silver prices. Today, that government silver hoard is gone, and now the U.S. government is a buyer of silver at prevailing world silver prices, just like every other investor.
Precious metals IRAs are definitely safer investments than pieces of paper ie stocks, bonds, currency are. Silver and gold both have their benefits and their risks. Your safest bet is to do research both on the elements and their investment histories, and on a reputable broker before you make a decision, and then diversify your portfolio following recommendations for your level of tolerable risk. Your reward will be much greater if you are at ease with your investment. United Gold Direct can help give you confidence in your decision.