- Gold IRAs
- Coin Catalog
- History of Gold
What analysts are saying
- Steve Forbes "A return to the gold standard by the United States within the next five years now seems likely, because that move would help the nation..." Human Events: "Forbes Predicts U.S. Gold Standard Within 5 Years" (5/11/2011)
- John Embry - $100.00 (no period cited) "We haven't even really seen money start to significantly flow into hard assets... it's going to have an outsized impact on the price [of silver and gold.]... King World News (July 2011)
- Doug Casey - $5,000 (by end of 2013) "Gold could hit $5,000 an ounce in the next couple of years, as paper currencies in the United States, Europe, and Japan drop in value..." Mineweb (03/2011)
- Tom Fitzpatrick - $100.00 (no period cited) "While the high so far this year was at the same level as the peak in January 1980, we are not convinced that the long-term trend is over yet." Bloomberg (July 2011)
- Hal Lehr - $2,000 (in 2011) "Gold, which reached a record on May 2, may surge a further 30 percent by  as investors seek to protect themselves from 'economic uncertainty'..." Bloomberg (5/2011)
- Peter Krauth - $250 (no period cited) "...silver prices could reach as high as $250 per ounce before the silver bull finally stops running." Commodity Online (May 2011)
- Robert McEwen - $5,000 (by end of 2015) "Gold is a favored asset relative to equities and other assets. In times of financial stress, you have people going towards precious metals and hard assets..." CNBC (4/2011)
- Dr. Stephen Leeb - $200 (by August 2013) "My guess is that 24 months from now, that silver coin you are holding that you bought for $35 or $40, you are going to see a $200 tag on it." King World News (August 2011)
- John Paulson - $4,000 (in 3-5 years) "Gold prices could go as high as $4,000 an ounce over the next three to five years, as the U.S. and U.K. flood the money supply." Wall Street Journal (5/2011)
- David Morgan - $75 (no period cited) "The next leg up [for silver] could take out the $50/oz. level after a few tries and then not look back until establishing a new nominal level of $65/oz. - $75/oz. Silver demand is growing for both industry and as an investment." The Gold Report (August 2011)
- Jim Sinclair - $5,000 "Looking for a major upturn in gold as soon as June and targeting $5,000 as a longer term objective." Mineweb (5/2011)
- Charles Oliver - $50 to $100 (next few years) "...the long-term story for precious metals is still very firmly intact." Reuters (May 2011)
- Christopher Wyke - $2,000 (by 2012) "Gold has been going up for the past ten years, but we think gold is going to continue to rally over at least next five years..." Professional Advisor (3/2011)
- Louise Yamada - $2,000 (in next year) "Gold looks fine as it is moving to a new high. Gold remains in a structural bull market that was initiated in 2002." King World News (3/2011)
- Peter Krauth - $86.75 "An important metric to understand and watch is the silver-to-gold ratio. It tells you how many ounces of silver it takes to buy one ounce of gold..." Silver Price Forecast" (12/2/2010)
- Mac Slavo - $50.00 "Based on just the supply/demand equations, the price of silver should continue to rise and approach its historical silver-to-gold ratio..." Silver Will Be Worth More Than Gold" (12/31/2010)
United Gold - Group Efforts Achieve High Marks From Investors
One of the best ways to diversify your investment portfolio is to buy United gold. Group together gold, silver, and other allowed precious metals like platinum and palladium, with your stock and bond investments and you will have a well-rounded, balanced portfolio. Only gold coins and bullion that are certified to be 99.5% pure or higher are permitted by the US Government to be used in an investment vehicle like an IRA. American Gold Eagle coins fit securely into this criteria.The best way to be diversified is to have your precious metals in an IRA that is united. Gold group investors are some of the most securely invested people on the planet. They understand the stability that gold offers against a negative economic environment and unsteady fluctuations. Thats why theyve come to see us at United Gold Direct.
Gold group investments are generally bullion or coins. The American Gold Eagle coin is one such coin commonly used. Others are Pamp/Credit Suisse Bars .999 Fine, Canadian Maple Leaf, Austrian Philharmonics, Australian Nugget/Kangaroo, and the U.S. Buffalo Uncirculated version, all of which are at least 99.5% pure and are accredited by Comex/Nymex.
There is no way investors will all be like-minded and in their thinking or reasons be united. Gold group investors, however, all realize the benefit of having a stable element as part of their portfolio. Using gold as part of your investments, you build a safety net against the volatile fluctuations in the market and economy. In this, at least, they are united.
Gold group elements include coins of at least 99.5% purity and bullion. Coins indicate the item is intended for circulation as currency, and those coin-like pieces that are not to be entered into the market are referred to as bullion.
The rise of a gold standard was meant to stabilize the global economy, dictating that a nation must limit its issued currency to the value of gold it held in reserve. Great Britain was the first to adopt the gold standard in 1821, followed, in the 1870s, by the rest of Europe which was with Great Britain united. Gold group supporters held the system in effect until the end of the First World War, after which the US was the only country still honoring the Gold Standard. After the war, other countries were allowed to keep reserves of major currencies instead of gold. The arrival of the great depression marked the end of the U.S. export of gold in the 1930s. By the mid 20th century, the US dollar had replaced gold as the standard for international trade.
Modern investors are seeing the return of the gold standard and the sentiment is once again leaning toward similar thinking and being united. Gold group buyers and sellers are gaining popularity as more and more are buying physical gold for addition to their investments of stock and bonds. If you are ready to get started with your new precious metals investing plan or if you just have general questions about buying gold coins or investing in a gold IRA, please contact us here at United Gold Direct.